The 'hidden' meanings are limitless, as is the human imagination, which isn't a coincidence.
You'd think an all-powerful god would be capable of making his book crystal clear, wouldn't you?
Let's try a simple example, to see just how easy it is to produce nonsense when you are dealing with the land of make-believe. How about something completely non-religious, the phrase "This is a carrot" ?
- This is a carrot
- A carrot is a vegetable
- Vegetables are living things
- Living things are complex
- Complex things can't have evolved by themselves
- Complex things must therefore have been created
- Scripture says god is the creator
- Therefore god is lord
Reductio ad totally absurdum as they say.
There again, I suppose holy scripture is basically a carrot on a stick, enticing any hungry dumb ass to follow it.